What I got :
- MuchTV Cardbus
- Ubuntu 10.10
- Toshiba Satellite M40
What I want : to be able to watch my tv cable and playing PS2 in Ubuntu screen, the sound from my TV decoder and PS2 goes straight to active speaker. I don't really care about broadcast TV and sound from my tv card.
What I did :
- with lspci (read link 2 below), I know my tv card use :
07:00.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7134/SAA7135HL Video Broadcast Decoder (rev 01)
- and dmesg reveals (the actual list is longer, I edited it to make it simple);
[17208393.372000] saa7134: card=79 -> Sedna/MuchTV PC TV Cardbus TV/Radio (ITO
- from information above + link 1 below I made a file named SAA7134 in /etc/modprobe.d that contains :
options saa7134 card=79 tuner=44
- installed tvtime via Ubuntu Software Center
- restarted Ubuntu,
- started TV TIME,
- because I use video composite, I choose composite1 as video input. Don't forget to change TV standard accordingly(e.g.: NTSC, PAL, etc)
Voila, God Of War II in Ubuntu, sort of.
Links list :
- How to install ATI TV Wonder 200 : modify the file with your tv card chip number, read below to know how,
- How To Know Your TV Card Chip ; lspci and dmesg are your friend here,
- to know which card are supported visit TV TIME.
Have fun :)